Every day individuals notice the headlines concerning IT threats and privacy breaches that hit internet users all across the world. Quite often, individuals check such reports from a subjective viewpoint and believe that they shall be unharmed from the digital threats lurking around. While, in fact, everyone with web connectivity in one way or the other can potentially be targeted and is always at risk of becoming a victim to such digital attacks. Putting this into consideration, it becomes vital to get an antivirus system in place that stands for invincible protection. Well, Norton is the king of all antiviruses, and it offers top-notch protection for all devices.
Uninstall Norton or Other Conflicting Software
Prior to proceeding with Norton setup installation, you need to make sure that the new software does not conflict with an older one. For this reason, you have to make sure that no other antivirus is installed in the system. Removing conflicting programs is rather easy, just visit the Control Panel, go to programs, and uninstall the conflicting program. Or else, get the removal tool to completely get rid of the old software. Follow these steps:
- Open the Start menu.
- Now, select Control Panel.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- Then just select Uninstall A Program.
- A record of everything that is installed on the computer will be shown.
- Find the Norton or other conflicting software.
- Select the uninstall option.
- Reboot your device when the process is finished.
How to download Norton Setup?
Find the steps to download Norton product here:
- Launch the browser, like Microsoft Edge or Mozilla Firefox.
- Now, open the link www.norton.com/setup.
- Click the Log in option located at the uppermost right-hand edge of the web page.
- Insert your email ID and password of the Norton account.
- Tap on Sign In.
- Select the Sign Up option if you are a brand-new user. Insert your name, username, number, etc. to make the Norton account.
- These two alternatives will appear after signing in: Install on this device and Install on other devices.
- Select either of the two.
- Hit the Download button after reading the agreement.
- For downloading extra Norton products, scroll down, select them and move on to the next window.
- For installing Norton on any other computer or laptop, select the option for sending a download link.
- Now, just wait for the setup to get downloaded.
How to install Norton Setup?
When the Norton setup has been successfully downloaded, the process of installation will commence. Here’s how:
- Start by locating the downloaded file.
- It will most likely be in the system’s default download location.
- Double-click on the .exe file.
- Now, the agreement window shall appear.
- Check out all the terms carefully.
- Select the I Agree option.
- Give all the permissions and confirmations required.
- Select the kind of installation you need.
- Click the Next button.
- Wait for the Norton antivirus setup installation to get over.
How to Activate Norton Setup?
Here is how you can activate the Norton product purchased online:
- Move the cursor to the toolbar at the bottom.
- Click on the triangle icon next to the icons at the lower right corner.
- Find the Norton icon and click on it.
- Meanwhile, open your mailbox.
- Click on the email sent by Norton after product purchase.
- Copy the 25-character alphanumeric product key.
- Paste the same product key in the Activation window of Norton program.
- Hit the Activate button.
- Follow all the guidelines n the screen and complete the process.
Here is how you can activate the Norton product purchased from a store:
- Log on to the Norton activation webpage on www.norton.com/setup.
- Now, just enter the product key that is printed on the CD cover or retail card.
- Sign in to your account.
- Hit the Activate button.
- The product has been successfully activated.